When you arrive at Sling Pilot Academy on your first day, please bring the following documents:
- US Passport or Birth Certificate (if US Citizen)
- Foreign Passport and TSA Approval if non-US Citizen
- Drivers License
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate
When you arrive on your first day, please bring the following required equipment.
For SPA Student to Purchase:
Note: This equipment is required and is not supplied by SPA.
- iPad Wifi + Cellular 128G
Please see ForeFlight iPad Buyers Guide
Note 1: SPA recommends iPad mini or next size up at the most (for easy cockpit fitment).
Note 2: You don’t necessarily need Service with your iPad Wifi + Cellular, but you need the GPS receiver that this model contains.
- Headset (optional – headsets are supplied with aircraft)
- Flight computer E6B electronic
- Flight bag
- Kneeboard (must be narrow see below)
- FAA Chart LA Sectional
- FAA Chart LA TAC
SPA Will Supply You (no cost):
- Flight computer E6B (we supply it with your King kit)
- Sectional plotter (we supply it with your King kit)
Please see below for links to products we recommend that can be purchased online.
The payment schedule for each course is shown below:
Full Course from Zero Time
|Due 1 Week Prior to Class
|Due at 3 Months||$21,531.67|
|Due at 6 Months||$21,531.67|
|Total Course Cost||$65,595.00|
Course from Private Pilot (and 80 hrs TT)
|Due 1 Week Prior to Class||$15,865.00|
|Due at 2 Months||$15,865.00|
|Due at 4 Months||$15,865.00|
|Total Course Cost||$48,595.00|
Payment method is via wire transfer or check.
Make check out to Sling Pilot Academy and mail to:
Sling Pilot Academy
3401 Airport Dr, Ste E
Torrance, CA 90505
Send Wire Transfers as follows:
Account name: Sling Pilot Academy
Account number: 325012240562
Routing number for wire transfers: 026009593
SWIFT Code for wire transfers: BOFAUS3N
Sling Pilot Academy Uses the following Applications:
- King Schools CTA (Course Tracking Application)
Provided with your class at no additional cost
- ForeFlight Business Pro including ForeFlight Logbook
Provided at an additional cost of $180 (note – if you have an existing ForeFlight Subscription we will help you freeze it and switch over to our Business Pro Subscription)
- Please download and install ForeFlight App on your iPad. It contains Sling Pilot Academy Documents as well as FAA references such as FAR/AIM, AFM.
Our Course is a Full-Time Program
SPA is a full-time program. Students are expected to be on SPA premises from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Some lessons will begin at 8am and some will go beyond 5pm. In the event that a student requires additional instruction, cross-country practice, or night-time instruction, student schedules may be modified (and in the event of weather). Late shows or no shows for lessons will be charged an additional $100.
SPA students must maintain a professional appearance and conduct themselves in a respectable manner.
- SPA Students will be provided with SPA shirts.
- Pants or shorts may be worn
- Closed dress shoes or sneakers may be worn
- SPA caps will be provided
All SPA students and instructors must maintain good hygiene since pilots and CFI’s occupy the same close space in the aircraft and simulators. Please take care of body odors and oral hygiene
For students housing through us…
Student housing apartments come fully-furnished and each student will be provided with a twin size bed, mattress and mattress cover. Students will be responsible for providing their own bedding and using the new mattress cover provided. Washing of bedding will be the responsibility of the student. Billing for housing will be weekly in advance.
We understand that sometimes plans change and sometimes things don’t work out. Both you and SPA reserve the right to terminate your training at any time. In that event, you will receive a refund of the pro-rated unused amount in a timely manner.