When you arrive at Sling Pilot Academy on your first day, please bring the following documents:
- US Passport or Birth Certificate (if US Citizen)
- Foreign Passport and TSA Approval if non-US Citizen
- Drivers License
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate (Required to Start Course)
Important Medical Note: certain medical conditions and medications are disqualifying. Please educate yourself to ensure you do not have a medical condition, psychiatric disorder, or take medication that could render you unable to earn a First Class Medical (required to be an airline pilot). Ref: FAA Disqualifying Conditions; FAA Disqualifying Medications; AOPA Medical Resources.
When you arrive on your first day, please bring the following required equipment.
For SPA Student to Purchase:
Note: This equipment is required and is not supplied by SPA.
- iPad Wifi + Cellular Model (no cell service required)
Please see ForeFlight iPad Buyers Guide
- Note 1: SPA recommends iPad mini or next size up at the most (for easy cockpit fitment).
- Note 2: You don’t necessarily need Service with your iPad Wifi + Cellular, but you need the GPS receiver that this model contains.
- Flight computer E6B electronic
- Flight bag
- Kneeboard (must be narrow see below)
- FAA Chart LA Sectional
- FAA Chart LA TAC
SPA Will Supply You (no cost):
- Flight computer E6B (we supply it with your King kit)
- Sectional plotter (we supply it with your King kit)
Please see below for links to products we recommend that can be purchased online.
The payment schedule for each course is shown below:
Full Course Starting from Zero Time*
|Due 1 Week Prior to Class
|Due at 3 Months||$21,531.67|
|Due at 6 Months||$21,531.67|
|Total Course Cost||$65,595.00|
Course Starting from Private Pilot (and 80 hrs TT)*
|Due 1 Week Prior to Class||$15,865.00|
|Due at 2 Months||$15,865.00|
|Due at 4 Months||$15,865.00|
|Total Course Cost||$48,595.00|
*Course Fee does not include FAA Knowledge Test Fees and Examiner/Checkride Fees and some required equipment
Payment method is via wire transfer or check.
Make check out to Sling Pilot Academy and mail to:
Sling Pilot Academy
3401 Airport Dr, Ste E
Torrance, CA 90505
Send Wire Transfers as follows:
Account name: Sling Pilot Academy
Account number: 325012240562
Routing number for wire transfers: 026009593
SWIFT Code for wire transfers: BOFAUS3N
Sling Pilot Academy Uses the following Applications:
- King Schools CTA (Course Tracking Application)
Provided with your class at no additional cost
- ForeFlight Business Pro including ForeFlight Logbook
Provided at an additional cost of $180 (note – if you have an existing ForeFlight Subscription we will help you freeze it and switch over to our Business Pro Subscription)
- Please download and install ForeFlight App on your iPad. It contains Sling Pilot Academy Documents as well as FAA references such as FAR/AIM, AFM.
Our Course is a Full-Time Program
SPA is a full-time program. Students are expected to be on SPA premises from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Some lessons will begin at 7am and some will go beyond 5pm. In the event that a student requires additional instruction, cross-country practice, or night-time instruction, student schedules may be modified (and in the event of weather). Late shows or no shows for lessons will be charged an additional 1.5 hours of flight time.
SPA students must maintain a professional appearance and conduct themselves in a respectable manner.
- SPA Students will be provided with SPA shirts.
- Pants or shorts may be worn
- Closed dress shoes or sneakers may be worn
- SPA caps will be provided
All SPA students and instructors must maintain good hygiene since pilots and CFI’s occupy the same close space in the aircraft and simulators. Please take care of body odors and oral hygiene
Sling Pilot Academy offers accommodation 5 minutes away from Torrance Airport.
Student housing apartments come fully-furnished and each student will be provided with a twin size bed, mattress and mattress cover. Students will be responsible for providing their own bedding. Washing of bedding will be the responsibility of the student. Billing for housing will be weekly in advance.
Price is $225 per week, sharing a room.
Price is $325 per week, own room.
We understand that sometimes plans change and sometimes things don’t work out. Both you and SPA reserve the right to terminate your training at any time. With our satisfaction guarantee, if this occurs within 1 month of starting, you will receive a refund of the pro-rated unused amount in a timely manner. After the first month, you will receive a refund of the pro-rated unused amount less a $2,500 administrative fee.