Being an Airline Pilot is a Great Career Again
According to Boeing, the Pilot and Technician Outlook for 2017-2036 is:
Pilot World Demand – 637,000
31,850 per year, 87 per day!
Technician World Demand – 648,000
32,400 per year, 89 per day!
As a Result of the Pilot Shortage…
- Starting salaries at the regional airlines and others are now increasing to $40 – $50/hr along with huge signing bonuses of $30,000 – $50,000. 1st year up to >$80,000 total
- A senior pilot at a major airline flying a 777 will make $320/hr – >$300,000/yr
Go to www.airlinepilotcentral.com to check it out
- Pilots are moving from regional to major airlines in as little as 3 years
- Airlines are covering some tuition fees and setting up career paths while pilots are still students
- Military pilots are receiving annual bonuses and additional benefits to stop them from leaving
- This has all happened in just a few short years so look for the benefits to increase as the shortage becomes worse – as a tsunami of pilots retire over the next decade or more
It’s unheard of in other industries for starting salaries to double and triple in just 2-3 years!
Here are some reasons to become a pilot…