Sling Pilot Academy FAA Workforce Development Grant Scholarship
All Private Pilot Scholarships have been granted.
Drone Pilot Scholarships still available.
Sling Pilot Academy has been awarded a $500,000 Grant as part of the FAA’s Aviation Workforce Development Grant (link). The purpose of this grant is to promote aviation careers to the workforce.
Sling is awarding scholarships for:
- 25 Private Pilot License Scholarships valued at $16,669 each
- 160 Commercial Drone Pilot License Scholarships valued at $469 each
Private Pilot Scholarship Details:
- Ability to start flying soon and finish Private before March 1, 2024
- Interested in and likely to pursue a Commercial Pilot Career
- Financial ability and time available to continue with 6-month Course after completion (preferably within the following year) – Optional
- Preferably in High School or recently-graduated (not essential)
- From the local area
- Students from rural areas or disadvantaged circumstances to be represented
- Ethnic minorities to be represented
- Minimum age: 17
- Able to pass a Class 1 Medical (covered by Grant)
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language
- Due to aircraft limitations, students taller than 6’3″ or weighing more than 220 lbs may not be able to train at SPA
Interested in a Drone License Summer Camp program in the South Bay?
What is included in this scholarship?
|Description||Cost||Qty Per Student||Per Student|
|King Schools Online Courseware Curriculum||$364||1||$364|
|First Class Aviation Medical||$180||1||$180|
|FAA Knowledge Test||$175||1||$175|
|Sling Aircraft Hours, including fuel||$140||60||$8,400|
|Flight Instructor Flight Hours||$70||60||$4,200|
|Flight Instructor Ground Hours||$70||35||$2,450|
|FAA Examiner Practical Test Fee||$900||1||$900|
All Private Pilot scholarships awarded. We hope to have more next year.